Here's a keeper, for sure. This was so easy and is very tasty. I have never used Artichoke hearts for anything, so I wasn't sure about how they would taste. They work very well in this recipe. Just make sure you get the can, not the marinated ones that come in a jar.
Give this a try, it's really quite good.
Almost done cooking. Sorry about the yellow tint. It's because of the over the stove light.
Here it is ready to eat. Very, very tasty
Artichoke and Kidney Bean Paella
from: Karen Sonnessa
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 3 cloves garlic -- finely chopped
- 1 cup brown rice -- uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -- or more to taste
- 16 ounces red kidney beans -- cooked
- 6 artichoke hearts -- quartered (1 can)
- Tabasco sauce -- to taste
Heat oil in large skillet and cook onion and garlic until crisp/tender, about 4 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients, and heat 5-10 minutes, until peas are tender.