Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lentil Soup

OK here’s the yummy stuff I made yesterday.  I started out with this as a base.

This came from Soups Online.  The ingredients are: Lentils, dehydrated vegetables, parsley, chopped onions and good seasonings.  That’s it.  That’s what I started with.

I added:

  • 3 carrots chopped
  • 3 stalks of celery chopped
  • 1 can diced tomatoes NOT drained
  • 1 lb of browned and crumbled Gimme Lean

That’s it. I brought the whole thing to a boil and then let it simmer 30 minutes.  It made 6 nice sized servings and I’ll be having this for lunch next week.  I think it will be even better as time passes.  Seems that homemade soups, stews and chilis taste better as they age.

Anyway, here’s how it looks right before I portioned it out for the week.  Sure wish you could smell it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment