OK here it is. This is the yummy I made last weekend. I promised I would post a recipe each week. This one is great. I also enjoyed it without the tortilla. Quite tasty and I will be making it again.
The original recipe came from Dr. McDougall’s site. I made a couple of adjustments and was very pleased with the outcome. To see the original recipe just click on the recipe title.
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 bunches chopped green onions (the original recipe did not have an amount)
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 bag of fresh spinach leaves (I used a full bag of spinach, see picture)
- 2 cups Salsa (The original recipe did not have an amount)
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas
NOTE: I did not follow the amounts exactly. So use your own judgment. I actually used a bit more than the original recipe called for. Worked out just right.
Cook the potatoes in a dry non-stick skillet stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Add rice, green onions, salsa and corn and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Place spinach in a separate pan with a few sprinkles of water. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside. (See picture. I used a microwave bag instead)
Add to cooked potato-rice mixture and mix well.
Spoon a line down the center of each tortilla, roll up and enjoy.
Here’s the spinach I used in the recipe
Here’s how it turned out. From the pan to the tortilla. Very easy, and very yummy!